Case Studies | Introducing IBuilt CoreClad
Superior performance, durability, exceptional flexibility
We know from experience that the best innovations are ones that deliver on a real need. It's what we strive to do every day, with each new product we develop.
CoreClad is the next in the IBUILT innovation journey. This new cladding-plywood product is a textured, external cladding, that's fast and easy to install, while offering superior strength, durability, and reliability.
Exceptional flexibility and durability
CoreClad is made using high-strength F14 plantation Hoop Pine sourced from PEFC controlled sources. Each veneer is ACQ treated to meet H3.2 treatment standards before being bonded together. CoreClad also is manufactured to AS/NZ2269, is third-party certified by the EWPAA and meets the NZBC's cladding durability requirements.
CoreClad's long length sheets, up to 3 metres, reduces installation time. Also, with the ACQ H3.2 treatment it means cut edges do not need to be retreated, saving time on the building site.
CoreClad is available both grooved and un-grooved, with a band sawn face for a textured finish. The grooved / textured sheets are at 150 centres and the textured only sheets enable the board and batten effect.
IBUILT's technical manager, Bevan Snookes says this makes the product ideal for residential structures, especially holiday homes and those exposed to the elements.
"It speeds up install when you don't have to treat each cut end, but you can trust that it will perform," says Bevan.
Innovation with people at its heart
IBUILT's owner Bill Blackmore says CoreClad is another in a long line of the company's innovations, all centred around the requirements of architects, builders and property owners.
"Our long experience in the industry, and close connections with customers, give us real insight into what will improve the performance of structures, while minimising install costs," he says.
"We designed CoreClad with durability and ease-of-use in mind – it gives you options on lengths, from 2.4 to 3 metres and it's treated to the core. We're the only company in NZ with a product like that."
CoreClad in brief:
- •Durable, F14 structural-strength plywood
- •Sourced from PEFC controlled sources for sustainability
- •Available in 2440mm, 2745mm or 3050mm lengths
- •Treatment to the core with veneers individually ACQ treated before manufacture to meet H3.2 levels
- •Cut edges do not need to be re-treated
- •Available with 9mm-wide vertical grooves at 150mm centres, or ungrooved for batten applications
- •Manufactured from high-strength plantation Hoop Pine to AS/NZS 2269 and third party certified by the EWPAA
- •Meets the durability requirements of the NZBC for claddings Application: External and internal cladding systems for residential and commercial construction.