Call +64-9-268 6540
enquiries@nzwoodproducts.co.nz

Community & Events | I-Built and NZWOOD: a strong foundation

New Zealand Wood Products is a company that was built from the ground up. So it makes sense that one of their most popular and impressive products should be a flooring solution like I-Built.

A complete mid-floor or whole house flooring solution, I-Built is faster, easier and more cost-effective. Owner Bill Blackmore says it's designed to be a "paint by numbers" solution for engineered mid-floors.

Safety and reliability - brands you can trust

Another of their most successful lines is the JNL range, which includes J-Ply and J-Plank. Structural laminated scaffold planking, J-Plank is made in NZ from FSC-certified sustainably grown pine. Laminated Veneer Lumber gives J-Plank predictable engineered strength and stiffness properties. Lightweight and easy to handle, J-Plank can carry a load up to 250 kg. JNL is also independently audited by the Engineered Wood Products Association of Australasia. J-Plank's durability and strength make it ideal for New Zealand working conditions."

"Each plank is individually proof tested for safety and performance. The benefit of planks made from LVL is each plank performs the same."

NZWOOD also has a variety of engineered timber including treated and untreated plywood, LVL, scaffold boards, and formwork beams. They're the New Zealand distributors of Nelson Pine, J-Ply, J-Plank, J-Form, Sveza Birch Ply, Hyne Timber and LP Solid Start Ibeams.

Bill prefers to buy local, which is harder these days under the strong New Zealand dollar. All NZWOOD products are sourced from sustainably managed forests, and their FSC or PEFC chain of custody certification means customers can follow the products from tree to door. All engineered products are independently certified so customers can feel assured they will perform.

Engineered wood from a company that cares

If there's anyone who knows about engineered wood products, it's Bill Blackmore. After gaining a forestry degree, Bill landed a ministry position developing contacts and trade with Taiwan and other Asian countries.

"It got me a taste for sales." Says Bill with a smile, "and basically I've been in the industry my whole working life."

After distributing Radiata pine in the US, Bill was shoulder-tapped to run the CHH Engineered Wood Products sales team. After that he went on to head the Futurebuild International Market development based in Hong Kong.

"There I worked as the export manager, developing outlets for the Middle East and Asia and I learned a lot. Finally though, I decided it was time to come home."

Getting it right from day one

From the start, Bill's focus was on employing passionate people with total focus on what he calls "getting the basics right."

"It's about answering the phones, saying please and thank you, giving people options and solutions and fixing our own problems, rather than blaming others."

It was this focus that saw such impressive growth come from such small beginnings.

"We began by operating out of a playroom in my house. Then, we started working with our cornerstone supplier, JNL and introduced J-Ply to the local market. We just grew from there.

More than just wood – it's about the people

Bill says the secret to NZWOOD's success is maintaining relationships with staff and customers.

"Our customer relationships are key. We support our customers and give them the right answers."

Passion, fun and integrity is something he looks for in his team – and something he strives to maintain in the day-to-day running of the business.

"It's about having staff who want to come to work and clients who want to do business with us."

Over the years, Bill has made some great connections who have become loyal and steadfast friends. It's this camaraderie and loyalty combined with his client's entrepreneurial attitude that keeps him engaged.

"Every day is a new challenge with new opportunities. We try to say 'yes' and provide options or alternatives that answer the client's issues. That's what I'm passionate about".

For quality product from a company that cares, give NZWOOD a call today.

Case Studies | Latest

​Building Material Compliance - Look for the 'S' Mark​

As building materials quite rightly face scrutiny with regards to compliance, the specifying of certified, quality products for construction is ...
read more →

Structural Beams for A Contemporary Church

For centuries, buildings for peaceful reflection and community gathering have valued the use of timber for its soft, natural and ...
read more →

Hyne Timber scales up Glulam Plant

Hyne Timber's Glue Laminating Plant (Glulam) in Maryborough is scaling up ahead of the Mass Timber Construction boom in Australia. ...
read more →